This was a couple of tough weeks for me as I was hugely busy with work and the stress of a short deadline with a full time work schedule plus family commitments became quite overwhelming, however I pushed through and had to make some compromises to make sure I remained my mental health.
My container for the final show was my Viola case, I am most proud and happy with this decision as it showed my work off in an new and interesting way and way unique to me, and it represented me well as it was a personal object. I play my viola when I am stressing or am down and music always lifts my spirits.
I decided to keep the illustrations simple mainly due to time constraints and knowing my usual watercolour portraits take a long time, but also this task was about changing the way we create. I tried to use less reference, create graphic images, change the paper, especially in colour and used graphic markers. In my side Hustle I have made these prints and I used some of them to draw on top of.
I still had some watercolour in there but tried to use it in unique ways, I painted washes then used a scalpel to make the marks to distinguish the item of figure.
It was really exciting to see other people’s results and outcomes. I really enjoyed sorting through the containers and seeing the containers they had picked.