Starting to Research – Through a Lens

The research for this project was very different for this project, instead of working on the concept I wanted to focus on how I was going to make the animation, because I had no idea. I started by watching videos on youtube and a site called skillshare. Used this to discover how to use after affects, because I originally wanted to use hand drawn frames, later when I discovered this wasn’t the option for me I started researching rotoscoping and I found the lecture capture from last year. This was extremely helpful as it broke down the process into manageable parts. It gave me a way of using I program I know well but giving me new skills.

I also researched different artists to get inspired. I used this to work out how I wanted my animation to look. I was heavily inspired by two artists. Palefroi a duo based in Berlin, which experiment with hand drawn frames and typography which linked with my ideas and my ambition of using typography.

http://palefroi.net/

The other was Rosa Beiroa, discovering her work was the moment where everything clicked. I loved the fluidity in her work, so simplistic, and delicate. But also had accurate movement and shaped, even though line drawings there was something so realistic about it.