Identity Define – Post 2 – Enquiry

The main problem I encountered is I don’t know who I am, sometimes as a person but especially as an artist. Before a year ago, I was just someone who enjoyed painting portraits. It was a hobby. The change from a hobby to a potential career is huge.

Before a year ago I didn’t have the facilities to be able to experiment with my practise, and in the last year that is all I have done. That means I am still on the process of working out who I am and what my future will look like.

Only a little over a year ago my future was a life in the kitchen, I thought it would be impossible to make this step into a career as a creative. I haven’t had years on college studying art, or had any guidance before this year, I may be behind in this journey. However it is not a journey I am going to rush, I decided to let my manifesto to reflect this. I don’t want it to be an outward reflection of who I am now as an artist but of the way I am going to grow to be the artist I will be. Even if I don’t know what that will look like yet.