Identity Define – Knowledge – Post 3

I started off brainstorming, jotting down ideas in sketchbooks, on my iPad, everywhere, this actually freed me up, as I felt stuck feeling I had to be someone I am not, and have to know who I am when I don’t. When I decided for my Manifesto to be about growth and experimentation and where I am at now, everything started to click into place.

This summer I went travelling for 5 weeks around South East Asia, I know this may sound cheesy, but I realised a lot about myself in this time. 2 years ago I went travelling again in South East Asia but for 2 months, and I struggled. I struggled mentally, and didn’t enjoy some of my experience. I didn’t really want to go out and do anything. This time was different. I realised how much I have grown as a person, how much I’ve changed, I went I was on this trip I worked on this self portrait, and I wrote my ideas down for my Manifesto on it. It was completed digitally as that was an easy medium while travelling.

This is a piece I am proud of and I want to experiment incorporating typography into my portraits more. The ideas expressed in this self-portrait were the building blocks for my final Manifesto.