Identity Define – Evaluation – Post 6

In all honesty I really struggled with the whole process of this project, it wasn’t simple, straight forward or easy. It played with my brain and messed with my idea of who I am, and had a bit of an identity crisis in who I am as an artist, if I am one at all.

This wasn’t helped by the results I got at the end of year 1. I was happy with my studio results, however after receiving my CTS results, and within a few days of being told I have dyslexia, I started doubting whether I could do this or not.

I realise now I can, but I was struggling at the beginning of the summer.

I honestly think that my time-based piece for this project is better and more cohesive and interesting than the one I created for the Through A Lens projects, and I used that project as a starting point of where I need to improve, but what I like, and gave me a list of question to work through on how I was going to complete this project.

I have a very honest Manifesto, which I believe will change with time as my identity will solidify and become apparent. I think my manifesto truly represents who I am now as an image maker, and so does my video. I believe my time based piece does evoke the emotion and nostalgia I wished and worked for. And it represents my Manifesto well.

Looking back at my time-based piece, I can see so many options or paths I could have taken, and I believe it all worked for the outcome I got, however I see how I could have animated the letters and the typography which was the original plan. I am now asking myself the question could I have been more ambitious? Or did I play it safe? And even though I like the outcome, I think the above questions maybe true for the time based piece, not the manifesto though.