Identity Define – Realisation – Post 5

https://vimeo.com/user102562292/review/358100119/ad28fa0d8d

I wanted to make sure my Manifesto was clear and simple, and not like my brain sometimes and full of scattered ideas. I wanted everything to have clarity and come together cohesively.

My Manifesto…

Who do I want to be as a creative…?

To not let labels define me, and always be open to the new ideas and processes but not forget the traditional.

To be confident in myself and what I do. Not to compare myself to others work.

To not be afraid of failure, and to take that failure and use it to inspire success.

To not be a suffering artist, it doesn’t mean success, personal happiness and mental health always come first.

To be dedicated to my work, and constant self improvement but also make time for myself and personal work.

To use my artists medium to communicate meaning and ideas, even if large and controversial. To not be afraid of expressing personal emotion.

To realise perfection doesn’t exist.

My time based was created using several techniques, I wanted to evolve from the 20 second animation I completed at the end of year 1. I also wanted to use the typography to communicate clearly what I intended. I used Procreate to create the typography, the background, layers of animated textures, and then I layered it all on top of each of in after affects to gain the result I desired. I realised that frame by frame animation isn’t for me.

I work in a way where I can add and subtract easily and see things as a whole, being able to step back, instead of being up close to one frame at a time. I created more animated textures and nature clips than I ended up using because I like to edit but also to have choices and be able to experiment. Especially as time based pieces isn’t a medium or an outcome I am used to using/making.

I wanted the video to be able to be used on Social Media that is why I picked a square canvas, and also I loved the idea of being able to take a frame and turn them into posters, and that graphic look and idea is something I used to inspire and but also to restrict my ideas so the video look cohesive and bold.