Interrogating Instincts Workshop

For some reason I can’t upload any photo of any size to my blog, and it is starting to get a bit frustrating. However all my work has been sent to Tony (my tutor) and Rachel, so I am just going to get on about talking about it here.

When completing the first task of looking through my photos, even though I have so many I realised I don’t take many photos just because something interests me, I take them for memories, or if I need to refer to something later.

Most of my photos are from my travels the last few years, ranging from Canada and the US, Norway, Scotland, and mainly South East Asia. When I am in that place or scenario the way I take pictures change. But still the main reason for that is memories.

I used a lot more than 5 pictures, but places them into 6 categories, Food, Sunsets, Nature, Landscapes, Travel and Random. A lot of images overlapped categories, however to me that wasn’t an issue, and meant for more comparisons.

After completing my mind-map the keywords which came to mind were, Colour (specifically the mix of desaturated and saturated in one image), Contrast, Light, Memories, Nature and Travel.

I created my final spread as a travel journal page. I think this reflected these keywords well and was a lot of fun.